Wednesday, February 22, 2006

they are on their way ........ ????

"I know what you mean, Manas." she said, staring into the mug that she cradled in both hands. "I love it out here too. Whenever I get the chance to get away for a few days, I get out on the boat and just look for a quiet spot." "So that's what brought you here today." he said softly. "I saw you arrive this afternoon. You're a pretty good sailor, Tamanna. You handle this little boat like a pro." his praise sounded quite genuine and she looked up from the coffee and gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks, she is a very forgiving little boat to sail." Tamanna told him. "I've been single-handing her for almost four years now, so we've kind of become used to one another." "That's an interesting way to put it." he mused, "Kind of like the way I feel about my guitar. Sometimes I feel that it's simply a part of me, the music's great when its like that." "Music is the most fluid and alive of all the arts." she said with conviction. "I've always surrounded myself with all kinds. But I think I'm most partial to the tunes of Air-Supply because they seem to come from closest to the soul. I listen to a lot of Eric Clapton, A.R.Rehman , Kamal Khan ( my Favourite ) and ......oh too many to mention." "Maybe even me, now and then?" he asked, with a twinkle in those green eyes. She felt a little heat rise in her cheeks with his words. She thought that she must sound rather contrived bringing up the Air-Supply like she had with Manas being an award winning artist. Manas reached across and patted one of her knees. "It's all right, Tamanna. I know I'm not the only Guitarist out there. There's a whole lot of really great ones. And I wasn't really expecting you to heap praises on me or anything. I really think it's great to meet anyone who loves the music the way you obviously do." He gave her knee one last squeeze before withdrawing his hand. "I really must get to know your music better." she told him, though her mind was still focused on the hand which had come close to caressing her knee, instead of a casual pat of reassurance. Manas took the last swallow of his coffee and placed the mug back against the mast. "Well in that case, I'll see that you get tickets to my next show. That coffee was superb." He stretched his arms above his head, clasping his hands together as he did so, then took a deep breath and started to rise. "I should be heading back to the house. I'm trying to be more disciplined about working. Thank you for the coffee and the talk. It's been a pleasure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home